THE ULTIMATE SPECIAL EDUCATION SURVIVAL GUIDE FOR ADVOCATES
Why is IEP Preparation So Important?
Not all Advocacy is the Same
The IEP Preparation Checklist
DISCRETE INDIVIDUALIZED INFORMATION
ACTUALLY CHANGES LIVES!
PREPARE AND TAME THE IEP MONSTER
• Develop independent, functional, competency based outcomes for students
• Speak to a child’s key academic and functional needs
• Ask for appropriate research–based interventions
• Create independent competency based progress
• Determine what other data is needed prior to the IEP
MANY ADVANCE PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS, TIPS, AND TRICKS!